Call for Artists!
The NEON District is seeking artists to complete murals before this year’s NEON Festival, on October 17 & 18, 2019. In honor of the 5th annual festival, the NEON Committee will host five mural projects.
There are five (5) opportunities open for artist submissions:
- Bob’s Gun Shop, 746 Granby Street
- Exotic Home, 819 Granby Street
- Homeland Contracting, 735 Granby Street
- Hugh R. Copeland Center, 112 W. Wilson Avenue
- Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown, 700 Monticello Avenue
- Open call goes live on Tuesday, June 4, 2019
- Submission deadline is Friday, June 21, 2019
- Artist selections will be announced July 2019
- Non-refundable fee of $20.00. One $20 fee covers submissions for all five (5) open calls. This fee covers NEON District expenses for publishing and hosting the open call.
- You do not have to apply for every project, however there is no reduction in the application fee if you only apply for one or two projects.
Artists must provide the following:
- Basic contact information
- Brief description of the scope of work
- Drawing or rendering of work proposed
- Project budget
Please note that if you submit an application as a team, there will be ONE stipend and a lead artist must be identified. If selected for a project, you will be required to provide the Downtown Norfolk Council a W9 tax identification form and an artist grant application before you begin any work.