Attention Artists and Artist Teams! Do you want to create art in the NEON District?
The NEON District is hosting the next round of public art projects to be completed in time for this year’s NEON Festival, on October 18 & 19, 2018.
There are THREE (3) opportunities open for artist submissions:
- Jhane's Sweet Lounge Facade, 731 Granby Street
- Retail Alliance Garage, corner of Addison Street and Moseley Lane
- Urban Discovery Ministries Shed, 121 E. Virginia Beach Boulevard
- Open call goes live on Friday, June 1, 2018
- Submission deadline is Friday, June 22, 2018
- Artist selections will be announced in July 2018
- Non-refundable fee of $15.00. One $15 fee covers submissions for all three (3) open calls. This fee covers NEON District expenses for publishing and hosting the open call.
- You do not have to apply for every project, however there is no reduction in the application fee if you only apply for 1 or 2 of these projects.
Artists must provide the following in the following application:
- Basic contact information
- Brief description of the scope of work
- Drawing or rendering of work proposed
- Project budget
Please note that if you submit an application as a team, there will be ONE stipend and a lead artist must be identified. If selected for a project, you will be required to provide the Downtown Norfolk Council a W9 tax identification form and an artist grant application before you begin any work.